Day 454...Year 2

So BFF decided today that we were going to dye Easter eggs... To be honest I have no idea when was the last time I had done this so I agreed, besides he was providing the eggs and the dye... Well first we hard boiled 18 eggs... During the cooking time one of the eggs cracked and began to ooze out and of course with the temperature of the water it cooked outside and inside the egg, thus leaving it undyable... So I peeled it so that Mom could use it on Easter to make deviled eggs... Which leads to another story...

Did you know that some people don't like using the phrase "deviled eggs?" They prefer to call eggs prepared in that fashion as Angel eggs... I guess they figured Angel eggs was a better name, because in reality you do boil the "hell" out of them to make them...

So back to egg dyeing... I was so excited to be coloring my first egg, so I decided I would use the "magic" crayon to draw on my egg before putting it in the dyeing cup... I worked for a few minutes drawing a beautiful design on my egg and when I was finished, I went to put it in the cup when it slipped from my fingers and smacked down on the table... Another one bites the dust...

In the end I colored like maybe 7 or 8 of the 18 and it was a lot of fun... So thank you BFF for making me relive some fond childhood memories... Maybe next year we can go to the mall and see the Bunny!

Love, peace and hippity, hoppity, Easters on it's way...
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter