Day 427...Year 2

What a fun day with Mom, BFF and the children of the Core!!! Bowl-a-thon 2013 is in the bag... Laughing, cheering, Bowling and 4 Rivers Smokehouse, it would have only been better if there had been fireworks...

Beginning tomorrow Mom and I are beginning a 10 day Metabolic Cleanse... It is going to help us kind of reboot our bodies and start from ground zero on eating the right foods for our bodies... There aren't any pre-packaged meals, what it is is a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, delicious fish and utilizing spices!!!  We are trying to eliminate our dependence on sugar and explore some flavors and foods we have otherwise been afraid of before... Not anything weird just trying new things...

To prepare for this we planned all of our meals in advance... We created a chart to help us make it easier... I know a lot of families that don't plan their meals ahead but as long as I can remember this is something that my Mom has done and for this it made even more sense since we have to eliminate certain foods on certain days and then reincorporate them later on during the 10 days...

The best part of this is that we are going to track how we are feeling through all of this... The idea is that once we start to add things back into our diet we pay attention to how are body reacts to that particular food... Maybe we try to add beef back and it gives me a sick stomach, then that is something I need to try and limit or avoid completely...

Tonight I made Minestrone... I never would have thought of making it but it was suggested in this program and it also provided the recipe and Mom and I were both pleasantly surprised how good it turned out, so much so that it is going to become a recipe we will use after this...The crazy thing is, is that it doesn't contain any meat... I just might become more of a veggie lover after this...

Even if I don't lose any weight, I an excited to see how my body feels in 10 days...

Love, peace and hold on it's going to be a bumpy ride...
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter