Day 390...Year 2

My exhaustion is quickly catching up with me...

There is nothing sweeter than to have someone cook for you... My Mom cooks dinner for me most nights and I appreciate it very much... I know when someone cooks for you they put their heart and soul into it... Tonight, BFF made Pad Thai for me... This was the first time he ever made it and he was a little nervous... But worries aside he did an amazing job, so much so that I had a 2nd helping...

I believe cooking for someone shows how much you care for them... Even if it doesn't turn out like you want it to, at least you tried your best and that is the thought that counts...

Love, peace and what's cooking...
Musicsongbird

One of my favorite recipes that my Aunt Pat makes whenever we visit:


Strawberry Dessert

Crust:
1 c flour
½ c brown sugar
½ c chopped nuts
½ c melted margarine

Mix ingredients together and spread in a shallow pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Stir with a fork after 10 minutes, then again at the end of the 20 minutes.  After ingredients have been baked, spread ½ of crumbs in a spring form pan. Reserve the rest for topping.

Filling:
3 egg whites
1 – 16oz pkg frozen strawberries (1lb or 1 qt of fresh strawberries may be used. If using fresh berries, crush berries in processor and add 2 or 3 pkgs of sweet and low)
1 c sugar
1 – 8oz container of cool whip
1 tsp vanilla

Beat egg whites until stiff. Add strawberries and sugar. Continue beating until mixture is stiff. Fold in cool whip and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Pour into spring form pan. Cover with the reserved topping. Cover tightly and freeze. Will keep in freezer for at least 2 weeks if covered tightly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter