Day 369...Year 2

I have a new niece in my life... She is 8 years old and as cute as a button... Today was only the second time I have gotten to see her since she became a part of my borrowed family...

The first time I met her, earlier this past year; we had gone to her little league practice and then out for pizza... We bonded over video games... Then I didn't see her again until this morning, when I walked into the condo they are staying at this morning, she got up and ran over and gave me a huge hug... I didn't realize I had made such a connection with her... I know BFF had told me that when she had come up to Disney in November she had told her family that maybe she would see me when she went to Epcot... But the hug was just the beginning...

When she found out that I was going to have leave then for awhile this afternoon, due to a pin cushion appointment, she wanted to make sure I was going to meet up with them again...

When it was raining and everyone was sitting at a table with an umbrella and the seating was tight... I decided I would stand under the umbrella next to the other table and she decided I couldn't stand there alone so she came over and joined me...

The thing that sealed it for me tonight and I knew without a shadow of a doubt, that she excepts me as a member of her borrowed family, was when she reached up a took my hand as we walked through the park...It was a if she took my heart in her hand and said, "You are a part of my family now..."

Love, peace and borrowed families... Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter