Day 380...Year 2

Why is it that we all have such a hard time listening to our bodies?  We get so busy with running here and there and eating on the run that we don't take time to stop and listen to what our bodies are telling us, until it makes us listen... When we get sick we have no choice but to listen... But when we listen to our bodies are we actually hearing and understanding what it is telling us?

When I was in my COT role, I became very good at going to bed by 10:30 at the latest... It was a task the Pin Doc told me to try and adhere to... The body needs time to rest and when we have a set bed time we are allowing it to do so... Plus, it will start to shut down for the evening whether we like it or not (yawn!!!!)... Hence some crazy blogs I have written in the past year...

It's not just for sleep that we need to listen to our body... We also need to listen and let it tell us when it is hungry... We want actual hunger, not head hunger... Not, I am bored so I will clean out the fridge hunger... Sometimes when we think we are hungry, we are really just thirsty... So, the next time you get that gnawing feeling, try have a glass of water... If after 20 minutes, you are still hungry then look at the time of day and maybe you can curb your appetite with a low calories snack...

Having been off work for the past three days, I have done pretty much what my body has told me... Now I am finally feeling like myself again... No more wonkyness... Now if I can remember everything I learned about listening and hearing over the past few days, my battle of the bulge may be more successful...

Love, peace and listen...
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter