Day 621...Year 2

I am leaving the most amazing group of people to begin my new adventure... I have never felt so much love and appreciation as I did this week at the Lagoon... Short of moving away from home to fly off to Neverland... Everywhere I went this week in the park, I was getting hugs and sweet notes and requests not to leave...

On Sunday I had the opportunity to assist in choosing the Big Kahuna for the day... He was an adorable 7 year old boy from Ohio and he had lots of questions for the Life Guard showing him around the park... One of the things the Big Kahuna is responsible for is to make sure all of the Life Guards and Slide Operators working that day are ready to open the park, so they walk over to the morning breakout session... When the Big Kahuna appears everyone cheers... Well, I was walking behind the Big Kahuna's family bringing up the rear and when we walked through the group everyone began to cheer and welcome them in true Disney style... As we were continuing on, there were shouts of Woo Hooo "Songbird"!!! Way to go "Songbird" !!! We love you "Songbird"!!! Which brought color to my cheeks... It was like I stuck my face in a bowl of Red Kool aid...

Later that evening I received this post on FB from the Life Guard that was walking with the Big Kahuna...

Big Kahun: "bye "Life Guard"! And say bye to the other lady too. The one who was wearing pants. Why was she wearing pants and not a bathing suit? Doesn't she know there's water here?"

Throughout the week I had to say my see you real soons to cast members that wouldn't be there today... They made sure that they found time to come see me before they went home...

For most people they are blessed to get to work with a great area and a great cast and management team, in just that one area... But I had two fantastic areas plus I go to know everyone that stopped by my window to ask questions and just say hello...

My top 5 questions were as follows:

5. Can I borrow a name tag? - My response is pointing to the cast cove door and saying that they can ask the cast service manager when they get in at 8:30 am.

4. Can you tell me where I can find "Musicsongbird" she is who is training me today? - My Foodies start out doing e-learning with me before they begin their on the job training.

3. (On the Phone) I won't be in for work today, I am calling in sick... - Here is the number for deployment, this is the TRAINING hotline...

2. Can you give me extra work hours, they said you could... - My response: Who told you? Once again we are the TRAINING office, we only schedule TRAINING... If you want more hours you need to visit the hub and look for extra shifts there... 

1. I have this weird Training thing on my schedule... What is CONT. Training??? - It is CONTINUAL Training and that is run by your area, that is not any training we are facilitating...

I am so going to miss my window on the world and everyone that goes by it... Well mostly everyone... I'm not gonna lie there are a few that I may not miss totally, but You know what I mean...

If 6 months ago you would have told me that my 1 month TA would have been extended until September I would have laughed in your face... But I am so glad the fun got to last...

Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter