Day 611...Year 2

Many of us grow up with a favorite toy, like a doll or a teddy bear... I see plenty of small children that come with those special friends... I have even been a part of rescue missions when the plush friends have gone missing... To see the faces of those dear little ones when their companions go missing, it just breaks your heart... Plus I can totally relate to them...

When I was very young, my Grandmother gave my Mom a quilt and over time, the quilt became mine... I was one that loved feeling the soft, some kids called it the silkie but I liked that soft feeling... For me, the soft was the stuffing inside the quilt... Through the years,as the quilt got worn spots, it would reveal more soft... I liked to tear the soft and through the year the quilt became holier and torn... When it got bad enough once I was in college, I was given a Pocahontas Pillow Case from Schmoopie (one of my besties) and the quilt was loaded into the pillow case and then sewn shut to become a snuggly pillow...

Throughout the following years, Wobbie was transferred into at least two other pillow cases and much of her was lost; what can I say, I love my soft...

This was not just pieces of a quilt put it was my protection, my comfort, my Wobbie... The last time she was washed, it took hours for her to dry in the dryer...

Tonight was her last hurrah... I went into my room to get something and there was a strong kitty odor... When I moved the comforter back I saw the wet stain... The cats strike again... Someone was not happy with me... Upon further investigation I noticed that Wobbie had been marked as well... I knew this would be her demise... Before I knew it, I was pulling everything, Wobbie included, off of the bed and heading out to the shed to throw it all in the washer... When I got to putting Wobbie in I stopped for what seemed like an eternity and I realized at that point that it was time to let go...

For so many years I hid behind Wobbie... I took it with me on vacation, on trips out of town... Now I knew this needed to end... As I left her behind in the shed I went up to my Mom and started crying... This was a huge step for me... Another step in getting better...

Musicsongbird


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

A new chapter

Day 159 of 366