Day 587...Year 2

As I sit and ponder what I have done over the last almost 6 years at Disney, the one thing that stands out more than anything is how blessed I have been to work with the people I have worked with... My COT mentors, My Core Team, My Training Managers, My Typhoon Team... 

I miss my Core Team very much but it makes me feel so good to know that we each support each other in all of our pursuits... I love when I am working at my desk and my IM alerts me and it's one of the Cores... Now I won't be getting those alerts from the Principal... It was a great time celebrating his new Teaching job last night but something I wish we had done was go around the table and share our favorite Principal story...

So, I will share a few of mine...

I had the honor of being his first Disney trainer in Future World North... It was me against 3 guys and out of the 3 he was the only one that still remains at Epcot... He was the first trainee to turn me bright red and leave me speechless and it never ended there... I knew from the moment I met him, that he was going to be a trainer... Before long he got Part Time Status and transferred to Mouse Gear, where he became a trainer and a relief coordinator... Then before you knew it he was offered Full Time in Future World West, the sister area to the North... And finally we were welcoming him into our growing Core family... 

Everyday he goes around the training trailer saying hello to everyone... He would greet me with a "Hello, Beautiful" and a bear hug... He made me feel special every single day... He encouraged me through the rough times and celebrated with me through the promotions... Now I get to celebrate him, returning to his true passion... 

Even though he won't be at Disney everyday anymore, I know he is one of those people, just like the rest of our Core family, that will be around forever... 

Principal, thank you for always believing in me and making me feel beautiful and encouraging me to pursue my dreams...

Musicsongbird

Comments

  1. The Principal is, in a nutshell, my honorary older brother. You have no idea how many of the good ones he has celebrated with me, and how many heartaches he has helped me out of. And the crazy part, how many stupid ideas I have blurted out, and he just said, "Yes, beautiful, I'll tag along with you on this one." Yep, an older brother indeed to this opinionated one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter