Day 343 of 365

Today ended my first TA as a Coordinator of Training for Walt Disney World... I am already scheduled to train this coming weekend and I have mixed emotions about returning to my Core Trainer position... I now know where my next is with Disney and once again it is a waiting game... I have two meet and greets with Training Managers on Monday, so hopefully something good will come out of them...

Because of the Union presence at Disney, getting position like Coordinator of training isn't as easy as, a position opens, you apply, interview and then you are promoted... Nope, because it is an hourly role, you take an assessment, you put your resume on file along with your preferences of where you would like to work and then you wait... What I mean by wait, is that you wait to hit the top 15 list that is pulled... The top 15 is listed by seniority so even if you are amazing at what you do, someone else that is less qualified can receive the position, simply because you have less seniority...

So, no telling where I am going to hit on the lists when positions open up, I just pray it isn't another 3 years before I get another opportunity like this one...

Love, peace and patience...
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter