Day 91 of 365

What an interesting day...who am I kidding it wasn't too out of the ordinary. It was my Monday so i was back to the daily grind. The only problem is that I was exhausted most of the day. Who knew helping friends could be so tiring.  I am even yawning as I type this.

So, I will tell of the kinda Jesus thing that happened tonight. Mom and I went to JoAnn's fabrics to get some...wait for it...you aren't ever going to guess what we were going to get there...ok it was indeed fabric. She wanted to find some black and some dark purple to put on the cross in her flower bed for Good Friday and than for Easter. So she looked for a but and finally found some fabric she liked. We decided that it didn't really matter what it cost because she was going to use it each year. Well when we went to the nice lady Cindy at the cutting table she scanned then and it turned out that they were both on sale for right about $2 a yard. What a blessing.

Now some may say it's silly to see it as a blessing, but what's wrong for looking for the Jesus moments in things? We need to start seeing the blessings in the small things and giving thanks for them instead of always waiting for those big things to happen. I saw this great quote on FB tonight.
If you want to feel rich, look at all the stuff you have that money can't buy... 


I think if you celebrate the small victories in life, the surprise blessings, instead of dwelling on the bad stuff, you will start to look at life in a whole new way. I think that's what I need to really focus on. As you know if you have been reading I have struggled through much and I continue to, and I am really trying to forgive those persons that have hurt me. Well, the minute I lose focus and start dwelling on the things that aren't going my way or things aren't changing fast enough is the minute they win. If I continue to keep my head up and do what I am supposed to do, than I stop worrying about what those others are doing, in fact they won't even matter anymore. So, that is what I am purposing to do. Keep my head up, my eyes up and my smile wide.

Love, peace and blessings
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter