Day 77 of 365

Luck of the Irish to you all!

I wish I had a little bit of that luck today. I ended up in health services with bug bites covering my foot. How I got bites under my sock while working indoors all day I do not know, but it happened to me.

So, now I sit watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for what seems like the 100th time. I know, I lead such an exciting life.

Now, let's talk about customer service, because if you know me you know great guest service is really important to me. Well when I went to get the bites checked i was greeted with a snarly, "may I help you?" and I explained my problem and then the next thing was, "Cast ID?" in an equally "happy" tone. Then I was told to have a seat and I would be called. Now here is the crazy part, the next two people after me were treated pretty much the same but then the admin in question answered the phone and her whole tone changed to sweet and mushy because it was someone she knew calling and then the next guest walking in was treated equally mushy.

After about 45 minutes of waiting I was called to see the nurse. At first was a little intimidated based on what I had experienced nearly an hour before, however I was pleasantly surprised by her sunny disposition. She looked over my bites and asked about my medical history and then we chatted a bit and I was released with some cream for my bites.

Why is it that people that work basically behind the scenes of companies have a tendency to forget that they too have their own customer base? Those of us that have no choice to visit health services have the right to a positive experience as anyone else. I realize they have to deal with employees that fake injuries and worse but not they need to remember why they pursued a career in the medical field and show a little compassion.

love, peace and I love working for the Meece! ;)
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

You gotta have friends...