Day 85 of 365

I believe in magic...

Not the Harry Potter wizarding magic, but the magic where you believe without seeing. I am a huge fan of Once Upon a Time and if you watch i you know it's the battle between good and evil. Tonight's episode revolved around the Mad Hatter and he made a very interesting statement. When Emma doubted her belief in magic and the book of fairy tales Henry has that seems to be coming true and he said, "Do you know about the Civil War?" Her response was of course she studied about the civil war in history class in school. He asked from books? And she said yes. He then challenged her about the validity of the stories of the civil war just like she challenged him about the reality of the stories in Henry's book. Then he challenged her in another way saying magic is believing without seeing.

So, this is along stretch but the kind of "magic" I believe in is faith. I have a faith in God to take care of me and those that I love, and it's like that magic where you believe without seeing. I love the quote in Evan Almighty, when Evan's wife is speaking with the "waiter" and he says the following..

"If someone prays for patience, do you think God gives them patience...or does He give them the opportunity to be patient? If they prayed for courage does God give them courage or does He give them the opportunity to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings or does He give them opportunities to love each other"

This is the "magic" I believe in. Its that believing without seeing, that trust in God that He will get us through the hard times. I know He never gives us more than we can ever handle.

I have been battling a lot of battles externally and internally lately, and the one thing I have had problem doing is letting God take care of it. Putting down my burdens, laying them all before Him and letting Him guide me. Allowing Him to place those opportunities in front of me.

Faith, trust and Love
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter