Day 408...Year 2

I love taking trips down memory lane with friends and you find out, even though you haven't know each other that long, a lot of the memories of shows you watched when you were younger were the same shows they watched as well... Like for example me and B both grew up watching reruns of the Monkees...

Davy, Mickey, Peter and Mike are one of my favorite bands of all time as well as members of my favorite TV show... Their music was a huge part of my teenage years, despite the fact that their music was popular 20 years before that time... My friends and I loved listening to their music and watching their shows... I loved and still do love Davy, while my BFF - Mitchelle loved Mickey... In 7th grade, three of us performed a lip-sync routine to "I'm Gonna Buy Me a Dog," in our schools talent show.... We also got to repeat our performance at our local mall for a school art fair and then again when we auditioned for the Television Lip Sync Contest, "Puttin' on the Hits." Of course we didn't make it past the auditions but we had a fun time doing it...

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our lives that we don't take the time to remember the little things that used to bring us so much joy... This is exactly what we need to do in those moments where we are feeling sad and blue... We remember those little things that brought sunshine into our day... Maybe it's putting on some oldies but goodies and singing along or splashing through the rain puddles after a rain storm or licking the remaining batter out of the bowl when you make brownies for a friend... Find that little thing that can bring back the happy again...

Love, peace and find your happy thoughts...
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter