Day 325 of 365

We are just days away from the kick off to the Christmas Holiday season... Black Friday!!! It's sad that the largest shopping day of the year has become more important than giving thanks for the life and freedoms we have...

I remember growing up and there being Blue Laws... Basically blue laws kept everything running Monday through Saturday, so that we all could rest on Sunday... The idea was that you stay home and spend time with your family... Now days, families rarely sit down to have a meal together... The thing that saddens me most this year, is that all of these shopping places are open on Thanksgiving, so once again family time is avoided...

Mom said she wishes I was off Friday so we could go somewhere at Midnight... So I asked her, where would we go? She said, I don't know? What would we buy? I guess nothing, she replied. We have already finished our Christmas shopping...

So instead of me taking off for us to go no where at Midnight Thursday, we worked together to create our Thanksgiving Day Dessert... Making memories that will last a lifetime...

Love, peace and what memories will you make this week?
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter