Day 316 of 365

Today we recognize our Veteran's and we give thanks to them...

Love your country and live with pride
And don't forget those who died America can't you see

All gave some and some gave all
And some stood through for the red, white and blue
And some had to fall
And if you ever think of me
Think of all your liberties and recall
Some gave all


-Billy Ray Cyrus

We must never forget...This Saturday we celebrated 237 years of the US Marine Core...We must never forget...

On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918, the German's signed the Armistice, ending World War 1. One year later, President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed November 11, 1919, a Holiday, celebrated as Armistice Day. On June 1, 1954, the Holiday was renamed Veteran's Day by Congress, and this is the holiday we celebrate today. 

Tonight we watched a special about Veteran's Day and I learned something that I will carry forward. After every war the men and women are welcomed home with arms wide open, all of them except those that fought in Vietnam. I heard stories told by Vietnam Veterans that they were spit on and cussed at, not given the respect they deserve and the recognition. When fellow Vietnam Vets see each other they tell each other welcome home... It's the welcome they never received... I vow that when I see a Vietnam Vet, not only will I thank them, but I will welcome them home...

Please remember those that have laid down their lives and are currently laying down their lives, and don't forget their families as well. When you have someone that serves, their family serves as well...

I am so thankful for my Uncle Tom, My Uncle Greg, my Cousins Randy and Carrie and all of their families. To my friends that have served, thank you.

And finally to all of the Men and Women who have served and are also currently serving, Thank you. You are the reason we are still free...


Love, peace and God Bless our Veterans...
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter