Day 319 of 365

I have been sitting playing some mindless game on FB, wiping away tears, trying to decide in my head home I am going to write how I am feeling right now... Hurt is definitely the big one... Used is another one... unappreciated is the other one...

For the past two years I have helped on a major event and for the past two years I was forgotten when the rest of the team was recognized for it... yes last year I received a "special" certificate made by the team but I still wasn't a part of the rest of the festivities that followed the end of the event. It really makes you think twice about the next time you are asked to help with something...

I was OK until another co-worker asked where I was this afternoon and I said I was at my desk... They said, "You weren't at the event?" and I said "I wasn't invited." She was shocked and my hurt became real and all I could do was fake a smile when some of the team walked into the room immediately following our interaction...

I know we don't do our jobs to get the recognition, but it hurts when you get over looked and the rest of your team isn't and what's worse is that no one even thought to include you...


It's a good thing God never forgets you...
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter