Day 290 of 365

What I am Learning...

I am not big on politics. I know who I like and who I feel has the countries best interest in mind and I vote for them... But this year, more than ever I believe it is important to hear what both sides have to say and weigh them as they are... I don't want to base my vote solely on one issue, like so many people I know are planning on doing...

I can understand where some people might vote for the candidate that is Pro Life or Pro Choice, but to make that the sole reason for your decision is irresponsible... An informed voter looks at all of the sides and makes their decision based on the candidate as a whole, not because they say they are Pro-Gay Marriage or that they are going to cut Planned Parenthood Funding... You need to weigh the pros and cons of each candidate and then decide.

Probably the two most important things I learned this evening from watching my first ever Presidential Debate is this:

When you are in a debate, listen to what your opponent is saying and base your answer on that... Don't talk out of your rear, because then you end up looking like a fool.

And second, when you are asked a specific question, answer it to the best of your ability, don't talk your way around it and never get around to answering it... Or again., you will look like a fool...

Love, peace and be informed...
Musicsongbird

Proverbs 14:7
Stay away from a foolish man, for you will not find knowledge on his lips...(NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter