Day 289 of 365

The older I get the more I feel that I missed out on learning some things when I was younger...Like maybe I didn't apply myself to things like I should have... Like this year I learned there is not only a city called Luxembourg, but there is also a country by the name as well, it's next to Belgium. I learned that there is not just one national language in India. There are something like 52 separate Indian Languages, not dialects. On the personal front I learned this week that my Dad loved Musicals and that he was in the church choir before we moved from Wisconsin when I was a baby.

I remember when I was younger, like 20 something years ago, my Mom would tape record my grandparents reminiscing about when they were younger and what it was like growing up for them and how they met and those sorts of stories. Now I think I want to do the same thing. I think with the way things have changed so much technology wise just since I was in Junior High, when we typed programming messages into the computer to get a turtle to move around the screen and cell phones were bigger than a brick with the battery pack that you carried on your shoulder.  Sometimes we forget what it was like before all of that and I want to help leave a legacy for future generations, plus I want to know more about my Mom and Dad and my Aunts and Uncles, and see how even though the times were different when we grew up, we went through the same things and maybe even had similar experiences, but most of all to keep their stories alive...

Love, peace and keep the stories alive...
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter