Day 660...Year 2

I think one of the coolest things I have had the opportunity to do in the past 10 years was step into a recording studio to record my own album... In 1998 I graduated from Webster University with a degree in Music... I have sang in church for years and it's something I love very much... Anyone that knows me well knows how much I love singing, especially music by Sandi Patty...

When I decided to move to Florida, Mom decided that I couldn't move without recording a CD... So I found a recording studio that was reasonably priced and scheduled my session... I didn't quite know what to expect when I walked in but at the same time, it was everything I thought it would be and more...

The engineer took me to one of the studios and had me sit on this incredible leather couch while he prepared my accompaniment CDs that I had brought with me... He also offered me bottled water... Once he was ready he took me into the sound booth and explained how everything worked... He showed me how the headphones worked and that he would speak to me through them and I would answer in the microphone... Pretty simple stuff... He went on to explain that he would start the music and I just needed to sing and he would adjust the levels to get a good mix and then if I felt comfortable we would go ahead and record...

After two separate sessions I created my own album titled, "Behold Him", which includes 12 Contemporary Christian Songs... I sold to people at my church and friends and family...

I would love to have the chance to record again and only time will tell, but I cherish the memory of living out another one of my dreams...

Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter