Day 656...Year 2

Well, the verdict is in... I am feeling like ME again!!!!

I received a sweet and meaningful text from my BGF in St. Louis today... It said this:

Happy Last week in your 30s!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am spending my last week as a 30 something and I think I want to reminisce about my life over the past 10 years...

For my 30th Birthday, Mom and I took an amazing trip with my Uncle, my Dad's baby brother, first to our nation's capital... We stayed in Virginia on a military base, which was really cool... While visiting Washington DC we visited all of the landmarks including a trip up into The Washington Monument... We were also able to go into the viewing areas above congress but much like now, nothing was really going on... ;)

We visited Arlington Cemetery and saw the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier... Along with the Memorials at night... Just an amazing trip in itself...

Following DC, we drove to New Jersey and met up with my Aunt and Cousin and spent a few days taking the subway across to NYC and seeing the sites... I love the theater and so we were able to see my first Broadway Show on Broadway!!! "Thoroughly Modern Millie," starring Tony Award winner Sutton Foster... It was so incredible and I hope to return again some day...

On my actual birthday we drove and stopped off in Philadelphia where I was able to see the Liberty Bell and have an authentic Philly Cheese Steak!

Upon returning to St. Louis my two best girl friends took me to the Royal Dump Theater where I danced on stage with other Birthday celebrants wearing my crown and my feather boa...

I would say it was an incredible way to celebrate the end of my 20's and the beginning of my 30's...

And what a decade it turned out to be...

Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter