Day 169 of 365

Today is Father's Day. We celebrated our last Father's Day with my Dad in 1998. In just three short months (September 1998) we said our goodbyes until we see him again in heaven.

My Dad was a great Dad, He called me Zelda; I was his favorite daughter. (I'm his only daughter) I have so many fond memories of my Dad, especially if they involve bowling, softball or picking me up from Six Flags. My dad was a longtime bowler, just like my Grandma and Grandpa. I remember going to the bowling alley with him throughout my early childhood.

The most memorable time was when Dad had to take me with him to Bowling and Mom was going to pick me up after she flew back in from a trip to Texas. Dad fed me my favorite dinner, Corn Hotdish and than we headed to Red Bird Bowling Alley. I was sitting in front of the bar on the floor when without warning my tummy rejected my dinner in a neat pile in front of my Indian style legs. The next thing I know I am flying through the air in the arms of my Dad, who is rushing me into the men's room to finish unloading my sour stomach. My Dad didn't think twice when he realized his baby Daughter was sick, he moved quickly to take care of the situation.

The other thing I knew without a doubt about my Dad was that he really truly loved my Mom. He would bring her, and sometimes me, yellow roses; they may have come from the gas station at times, but it was the thought that counted. Mom carried yellow roses in their wedding and they are her favorite and he knew that.  He would also surprise her from time to time by bringing her a plain double cheeseburger, one of her favorite treats.

Even though my Dad had a rough time verbalizing his love to us, there was never a doubt in mine or my brothers' minds that we were loved. He supported my brothers and me in what we wanted to do and the activities we participated in. Whether it was sporting events or musical performances he was there. I'm sure if he was still alive he would read my blog, secretly. ;-)

I also believe he would LOVE living in Florida. He would be my like his brother and play golf 6 days a week and would love spending time with Mom in the Florida sun. I know he would be proud of me for living out my Disney dream and for my brothers finding happiness with their amazing wives. He would love his 7 grandsons and granddaughters and his 1 brand new great granddaughter. The only thing that would have disappointed him would have been if we kids weren't happy.

We miss you Dad and we love you so much. Happy Father's Day in Heaven...
Love,
Zelda (Musicsongbird)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter