Day 168 of 365

So very often we feel sorry for ourselves and the things we go through in our lives... Today when BGF and I were out on an adventure of Outlet proportion I was talking about my blog and how ever since I started writing and opening up about myself to the world, others I have met have been opening up to me, which some of those stories I have already shared in the past few months. 

I love that others want to share their stories with me, just as I have been sharing mine with all of you. I believe God has others share these stories to help them get through things but also to teach me things I may need to know about myself or maybe to tuck away for a later time. 

One of my favorite movie lines, besides, "Quick, take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and cause them to break up." - The Wedding Singer, is from Evan Almighty. 

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

Sometimes we go through things to learn about ourselves and others though opportunities he puts in front of us. We just have to be open to receive them and see them for what they are. The next time a friend, or family member, or neighbor or maybe a co-worker or even a guest or customer starts to talk to you about some little thing in their life, don't blow them off, be willing to listen. It might be your opportunity you have been asking for. 

Love, peace and golden opportunities
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter