Day 545...Year 2

Today was monumental... I was able to mark another item off of my bucket list for this year... I went on my first Air Boat ride! (#Boggy Creek Air Boat Rides) Actually it was all three of us, that went on our first air boat ride... BFF and BGF and I...
It felt amazing to skim across the water and see nature speed past us... Even though sometimes nature would smack me in the head or face... One bug hot my forehead so hard, that BFF heard it hit, despite our ear protection we were sporting...

We got to see two female gators guarding their nests... It was pretty awesome to be that close... Before entering the no wake area surrounding the dock, we spotted a beautiful bald eagle atop of of the water markers... After a minute or two it took flight carrying a fish in it's talons... Oh how majestic it looked as it soared off back to it's nest...

After we departed the boat we received a short lesson on gators and then had the opportunity to hold a young gator and have our photo taken with it... Jokingly I blurted out that I wanted to give it a smooch and the wrangler told me that would be fine... So when it came to my turn holding Fluffy... I gave him a smooch on his head and in response he closed his eyes, which I imagine he was savoring the affection...

The rest of the day was nice just spending time with two of my Best Buds of 20+ years... (We met when we were infants ;) ...)

Musicsongbird


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter