2015...1.5

It's amazing what you can learn from of all things, Reality TV... Say what you want but Mom and I like watching Sister Wives... I am not here to debate the show and I am just telling you what I have learned from this... One of the sons has Asperger's... 

If you aren't sure what it is???
  a developmental disorder characterized by severely impaired social skills, repetitive behaviors and often, a narrow set of interests, but not involving delayed development of linguistic and cognitive abilities: now considered on of the autism spectrum disorders.

Now, why does it matter that I learned something about this??? Well, my nephew has Asperger's and honestly I never really understood exactly what it was. Well while watching Sister Wives, we heard directly from Dayton, Robyn's Son, what Asperger's is and how it effects him... And the crazy thing is is that as he spoke I felt like it was my nephew talking... All of his mannerisms, his thoughtfulness in the way he spoke... 

Did you know many historical figures were suspected of having Asperger's??? 

Albert Einstein
Benjamin Franklin
Thomas Jefferson
Hans Christian Anderson
Sir Alfred Hitchcock
Jim Henson
Wolfgang Mozart
Jane Austen

These names were great men and women of science, politics, music, literature and entertainment and they didn't let the fact that their minds work a little different to hold them back... 


I see greatness in my nephew and I pray that he will find that one thing that he wants more than ever for himself and achieve it...


musicsongbird












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter