2015...1.2

Oh my what a day... Lot's of shopping... Can't believe there is actually STILL Christmas bargains to be had... Well there was until Mom and I grabbed them... ;)

Customer service... We all love when we receive great CS, yet we don't really talk about it much... However, when we receive terrible CS, it's like we text, tweet, FB, instagram, pinterest, blog and tell everyone we know about it... Well, I have really been the receiver of pretty bad Customer service the past few times I have gone to get something to eat... I know I work for the company that wrote the book on World Class Customer Service, but there are times that I feel as though no other company trains it anymore...

Don't people know that if you have a line, you at least acknowledge the other people in line so they don't feel ignored???   Or whatever happened to smiling... Is everyone shot up with botox now that they can't show emotion... I know working in customer service can be a thankless job at times, but seriously, thank the customer for coming in! Even if they don't buy anything!

I was shopping with a less fluffy friend at a store that dealt with less fluffy sized customers... DId they look down their noses at me because I couldn't fit one of my thighs let alone an entire leg in one pair of their pants? No they smiled and welcomed me into their store. Let me know about specials AND asked if there was anything they could help me find...  They didn't make a snap judgement based on my size, they just knew I was a customer that came into browse... I guarantee that if my thigh were ever the right size I would go back there in an instant...

A  lot of times when I shop I really pay attention to the service I receive because if it isn't good or if the employee moral is bad, I have a tendency to go a very long time before returning to the shop if I even go back at all...

I know everyone has a bad day, but as the employee you also have to remember, that during those time periods you are working, you need to try to keep your personal life in your car or locker or better yet at home...

Make each person feel special...

Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter