2015...1.20

So this is it... There is a park wide Wellness event beginning February 1st and I am going to participate and really stick to it for it's entirety... Basically it is like the Biggest Loser, but minus Alison, Bob, Dolvett, Jennifer, Jessie, Cheryl, Dr. Huzienga, Dr. Dansinger, a BIG cash prize and corporate sponsors ... See totally the same but very different...

It's an opportunity to have the support of a team, that have a common goal of beating the other teams you are competing against for total bragging rights...and getting healthier in the process  ;)

So, anyone that knows me, knows I have a tendency to make fun of myself so others can't... Total reaction to being bullied as a younger self... Well today was no exception... We were talking about the wellness event and I said, "isn't it funny that the fat girl (meaning myself), is the one leading the health and wellness challenge."  I expected someone to agree with me, but the reaction I received from one co-worker totally took me off guard... She looked me in the eyes and in front of everyone else said that she thinks it's great because maybe I need everyone's support as much as they need mine...

When I was little, in the 6-8 years old range, my oldest brother played football in High School and we would always go to his games... At some point during those years I got a pair of purple and gold pom poms to cheer with, because even though my family would sit up higher in the stands, I always sat near the bottom so I could watch and cheer with the cheerleaders... So I guess it's always been in me to root for others... To cheer on those that don't always get the support... To be the listener when someone needs an ear... Or a shoulder when they need to cry...

There has been so many times in my youth and in my adult life where I just felt like I needed someone to reach out to me, without my having to ask... But then again, no one is really at the game to cheer on the cheerleaders...  Well, this time I am getting my cheers...

Can do...
Musicsongbird


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter