Day 11 of 365

It's the end of the work week and what an interesting week it has been, but I am looking forward to some me time this weekend. Some time to rest and show myself I matter and that I am a priority.

Sometimes when you stop and listen to what others have to say and you stay silent so you can hear them you will not only learn about them but you will learn about yourself. Did you know there is a  difference between hearing and listening? Hearing is one of the 5 senses, that's what I learned on the Figment ride at least. ;)  Hearing is what are ears are used for so when we hear something we can properly respond. But listening is much different. When you hear someone speak, does that also mean you are listening to them?? No... Hearing is a passive activity, but listening is active. When you stop and listen you are purposefully stopping and paying attention, you aren't letting your mind or your mouth run ahead,

So this week forward I am going to practice listening...

Love and Peace and stay away from things fried in grease...

Musicsongbird

Comments

  1. Seth and I really learned the importance of listening in our pre-marriage counseling lesson. I never really knew the impact of simply knowing he was really hearing me. :) BIG factor in a good relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

A new chapter

Day 159 of 366