Day 235 of 365

It was a very quick and early start to the day, after closing last night I was back in bright and early with a tinge of headache due my lack of sleep. Before I knew it we were three hours into the shift and heading to lunch with a migraine brewing on the horizon. I took what pills were available and consumed caffeine but to no avail the headache would not subside. Thankfully one of my team members was available to take over and I had to leave my trainees in her capable hands. It makes me sad when this happens that I don't get to complete my training. However, before I left I was able to give each of them a fanatic card. They both have learned so much in the past 24 hours and I love seeing the magic come alive in the new cast. I know they will both be stellar cast members, along with the others I have trained in the past week.

Believe it or not, before leaving today I was thinking how much easier my life would be if I were, say a character attendant. I would be paid more and I would get to work with the Disney Characters first hand and watch them make magic with our guests. But tonight it hit me, yes I would get to make some magic but the majority of magic I would see happening would be made by someone else, and that is the one thing I love about my job more than anything else, is seeing the look on the Guests' faces when we give them a high four with the Mickey mitt or handing out a bunch of Mickey stickers to a 1st time visitor or having a child receive a birthday call from Goofy and have them say thank you Goofy before handing the phone back. That's the magic I get to see everyday and it's magic I made.

So, once again I have to remind myself to not give up on my dreams because sometimes the road to them are tough.

Love, peace and don't give up...
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter