Day 43 of 365

Is it me or does it sometime seem that the "Divas" of Music are doing it more for the accolades and adoration of millions then they are doing it for the love of music? I believe that Grammy New Artist winner, Bon Iver, was the most humble in his speech tonight. He said he creates music for the love of music. I wish I cold quote him verbatim but I love how he thanked the other nominees and the artists that will never be nominated. It was really very humble. I know what it's like to get in front of a crowd and sing and what the applause feels like, but I have to remind myself that the listeners response is not whats important. The emotional I feel from the music I am creating is what matters. I sing because I love the way it makes me feel. I feel confident and passionate and free. 
But isn't that how we should do everything in life? Be passionate about something positive, love the way it makes you feel. If you are a great artist be passionate about art, if you are a great cook, be passionate about it, if you have amazing management skills be passionate about it... do you understand what I am saying? Find your passion and pursue it.

Love, peace and stay away from things fried in grease...
musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter