Every Bite, Every Morsel - Day 2 #JoinMyJourney

Wow, I feel like I climbed a mountain today... Well Bok Garden's is located on Iron Mountain and it is the 3rd highest spot in Florida so i guess in a way you could say I did.... So i guess that could be the reason I am completely exhausted... Which isn't really a bad thing, it means I had a great time enjoying the out of doors and getting some steps in...

I didn't have a tremendous feeding frenzy like I typically do on my weekends... Today I enjoyed a small berakfast and light lunch served in the cafe at Bok tower and a delightful dinner at Manny's with the Bestie after a rousing game of mini golf...

The one great insight I gained from this day was this... There are still really good people in the world... People that don't always think of themselves first and they are raising incredible children to think of others first as well... Every year Mom and I have the opportunity to go on a tour of the Founder's Room at Bok Tower which is basically the ground floor of the Bok Tower... My Mom uses a walker pretty much all of the time and to get to the tower you have to go up a few steps, go across a small bridge, go down a few steps; go across grass to the main steps of the tower.... At the tower the steps kind of tilt a bit and there are two steps then a little bit of a landing and then about 3 or 4 more before you end up  on the landing that takes you through the front door.... Normally it's Mom and I against the world but today one of the employees and a young man who was probably 13 or 14 offered Mom help both up and down the steps... It almost brought me to tears bacuse they didn't wait for us to ask for help, they just jumped in...

So very often we just stand by and watch things happen in the world around us instead of being active participants... For to long I have been that way... I guess that is how I feel about my health... I have been standing back and watching things go by or watching the scale go up... It's time for me to jump in and be an active participant in my health...

Good Night...
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter