Every Bite, Every Morsel - Day 10 #JoinMyJourney

For some reason this year's rapidly approaching Christmas has been more emotional than year's past... Perhaps it is because last year was so huge, with sneaking home to surprise my entire family... But little things are bring about tears when normally I can keep it all together...Part of me is missing my family and big part of me is missing my Dad...

Of all of the weird things that brought tears over my weekend, I was shopping at Bath and Body Works on Friday and they had a store bonus and of course because of all of these bonuses the store was packed almost like it was Black Friday again... Well once I made it to the register the cashier made me a deal on a purchase with purchase I couldn't pass up that I had considered and she actually added on additional discounts that I wasn't expecting which in turn saved me even more money and it just really touched me... I mean I know she was just doing what they probably told her to, but in the manner it was delivered made me feel like my business actually mattered... Sometimes that's all it takes, to make you feel like you matter...

When I was texting with the bestie today I asked what he wanted for Christmas and he said he doesn't really want things, he is trying to clean out his house and I kind of feel that way too... There isn't anything in particular that I want... I mean, I got this amazing gift from my Mom to see Barbra Streisand in concert this past month and probably the biggest gift I have found is the joy I have felt from donating this year...

I guess the older we get the more our desires for ourselves change...

musicsongbird


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter