Day 188 of 365

So the battle of the bulge continues. I did start the day with a swim and I did not over indulge today either. I helped mom move some bags of mulch and watered the hanging baskets. I saw the fantastic movie Brave and if you haven't seen it yet, it's an absolute must. I loved it so much I cried several times. It really made me realize how important my mother is to me.

There are times when we battle, head to head, her will against mine, and then we stop and take the time to talk it out and everything is OK again.

I know too many people who have had or currently have strained relationships with their moms and it is hard. I thank God every day for mine.

Now back to this battle of the bulge. It's so funny or sweet or both, the comments I am getting from people in real life. I appreciate the encouragement, and please know this is a huge undertaking. I feel like the tortoise right now, when my mind really wants to be the rabbit. But I can only do what my body will allow.

So to let everyone know how I am doing and not spend a lot of time typing about it, I am going to make it into a little game. Each Friday I will post [] to represent sticks of butter. Each stick ([]) of butter is 1/4 of a pound, so 4 sticks ([][][][]) is 1 pound. Get it? So that way you will know how many pounds I am down based on how sticks of butter you find. ;)  So we will start easy today... Since June 22, 2012 I am down [][][][][][][][][][][][][][] sticks of butter. :)

Love, peace and stay away from things fried in grease!
Musicsongbird








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter