Day 106 of 365

One of my co-workers asked me today, "so what is this 365 thing you are posting? "

I told her,  "it's my blog."

Her response, "you're blogging, how nerdy. Does anyone read it?"

I told her, "a lot of people do I guess."

"are they people you know?"

"Not all of them. I'm over 2000 hits now."

And the conversation ended. I guess it's kind of hard for people to understand why another person would write about their life and put it out for others to see. I know I have explained this before but I blog because it helps with my recovery. If you are asking yourself, what recovery is she talking about, then you need to go back 30 or 40 days. This is my life journey and I want to share it with others in hopes that people can see their own struggles through mine and see what I did to get beyond it and maybe they can too.

I used to have this dream, back when I was an attender of weight watcher meetings, that one day I would get to my goal weight so that I could be a meeting leader / success story. But the truth is, I don't have to wait until I am a smaller size to be a positive influence on others. With every keep stroke following every tear, I know I am making a difference in someones life, even if it is my own. I am allowing myself the freedom to except the things about me that I can't change and embrace the changes that are happening and still have yet to arrive.

So the next time someone asks me what is this 365 thing about? I will just say, it's about making me the best me I can be.

love, peace and a brand new me!
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

A new chapter

Day 159 of 366