Day 104 of 365

Isn't it crazy how life works? Your Mommy and Daddy meet, they fall in love, they get married (or not), they make a baby, YOU. They spend the next nine months preparing for your arrival. Buying clothes and diapers, a bed and blankies and bunnies. When you arrive they spend their time caring for you, bathing you, feeding you, loving you. As you grow they continue to love and care for you. When you fall down they are there to kiss your owies. When you get great grades, they celebrate with you. When you fall in love for the first time they cautiously watch and usually except them, and then when you break up with that first love they help you through the heartbreak.

They watch you grow into the adult you are and are still there through good times and bad. The sad thing is when the time comes for them to need you, some aren't so willing. Some children leave it to one sibling believing their lives are just to hectic forgetting who was there for them from the start. They forget that one day they are going to have to face their parents mortality. That Mom and Dad will need us just like we needed them in the beginning and always. Please don't let them go through their later years alone.

When we were at the community meeting this week they spoke about living wills and power of attorney because there was a gentleman in our neighborhood that fell ill and there was no one for anyone to call from his family. It broke my heart to hear this. It made me feel so good knowing that I am here for my mom. Don't get me wrong, my Mom is no invalid, but she isn't as young as she once was, and even though my brothers are both a thousand miles away I know that if we ever needed anything they would be here at the drop of a hat.  I also know that Mom and I are equally blessed to live so close to my BFF. He is the rest of our Florida family, we take care of each other.

I know family can't always be together and sometimes they are miles apart, but if you know of an older person you live near, watch out for them. Take the time to get to know them, learn from them, share your time with them. Don't let them spend their later years alone.

We are born into families, but sometimes we fall into them just as easily...

Love, peace and "family"
Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

A new chapter

Day 159 of 366