4.11.2016

I messed up tonight, I lost another fight
I still mess up but I'll just start again
I keep falling down, I keep on hitting the ground
I always get up now to see what's next

[Pre-Chorus]
Birds don't just fly, they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

[Chorus]
I won't give up, no I won't give in
Till I reach the end and then I'll start again
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail
I won't give up, no I won't give in
Til I reach the end and then I'll start again
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail

[Verse 2]
Look at how far you've come, you filled y`our heart with love
Baby you've done enough, take a deep breath
Don't beat yourself up, don't need to run so fast
Sometimes we come last, but we did our best

[Chorus]
I won't give up, no I won't give in
Til I reach the end and then I'll start again
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail
I won't give up, no I won't give in
Til I reach the end and then I'll start again
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail

[Bridge]
I'll keep on making those new mistakes
I'll keep on making them every day
Those new mistakes


Shakira - Try Everything "Zootopia" Soundtrack



From the moment I heard this song I knew it was going to be a new addition to my get me up and moving songs on my phone, computer, etc... The beat gets you moving but the words just hit me right away... So very often I have given up on things before I even began... Obviously this is my first rodeo when it comes to the weight-loss journey but for some reason as much as I believed I could do it there was always a small sliver of doubt in the back of my mind saying it's impossible and just give up... I don't know why this time feels so different...  

Maybe it's the support of certain people this time around that didn't have before... Maybe it's the decisions I have made within myself like it says in the song, "I won't give up, No I won't give in, til I reach the end and then I'll start again. No I won't leave, I wanna try everything I wanna try even though I could fail..."

Because in light of it, the only way I would truly fail is if I give up completely and never try at all and that is not going to happen. I haven't been very healthy for the first few months of this year and it has been hard because of being sick I missed out on a lot of goodbyes in my both of my locations as well as quite a few hellos as well. You don't get those moments back and it's a lot harder to build that relationship with people when you meet them later on. 

I don't want to be sick like that at the beginning of the year anymore, just like I am every year... I know part of that issue is because I am not physically healthy... If I were more physically fit then my body could fight of disease better and I wouldn't get sick like that as often... 

Another huge thing that hit me this weekend that solidified my determination to be healthier and make better choices was balancing my check book for the first time in a long while... I am embarrassed to say that since March 22, 2015 I have spent, Mom don't read this part OK...$414.70 just on McDonalds. Sometimes that was breakfast with Mom and a lot of times it wasn't... I know, I could have paid for a Disney Cruise with that money... I don't want to think of the calories wasted either because honestly it makes me sick just thinking of it...

So taming the fast food beast, recreating my eating habits, retraining my brain to crave the right food and physical activity... Special shout out to the "She Hulk" for taking me for a Walk today ;)   LOL!!!

Just remember to Try Everything!
Musicsongbird


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter