2015...3.30

This has been a very eye opening month... I went the first 24 days of the month without eating extra sugar... Like no cakes or candy or desserts... etc... I stuck with the natural sweets like fruit or granola as a treat... I did go some numbers not saying how many but was feeling better and than vacation arrived... Well needless to say I indulged on everything from Cakes, donuts and candies to the kitchen sink... literally we had the kitchen sink...

Well after five days of this devil may care attitude I can honestly say that I am happy to be back on track and eating the right foods again... I know it's OK to have small bites now and then but going overboard doesn't do anything but make you feel gross and miserable... At one point during my vacation we stopped at a gas station to use the facilities and get something to drink and a little snack and I grabbed a giant Reese's Fast Break bar. First of all, why I found it necessary to grab the king size version instead of the regular size, I cannot begin to understand, maybe because somewhere in my head I figured because I hadn't had a candy bar in over 3 weeks I must have deserved it??? Well, I am going to tell you that love affair is over... I got a few bites in and all I could think is "why am I eating this?" I felt a surge of nausea rush through me and the sugar buzz was no fun at all... It was overly sweet and it almost had a plastic taste to it...

It's kind of nice to finally feel as though my mind and my body are getting in sync where they are both wanting the same thing... Now I need to work off the extra I put on this week and start moving in the right direction once again...

Musicsongbird


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter