2015...3.11

So today was another goodbye Wednesday... They will begin happening more frequently now, since it is arrival time once again... About every two weeks my Germany and Norwegian cast that came a year ago will begin to leave to go home and my new cast will begin to arrive to start their one year programs and so my journey with them will end and begin again...

Many of my co-workers say how they don't get attached but I see how hard it gets for them when certain cast leave as well... I can honestly say it isn't every cast member that leaves that makes me sad because it isn't every single one that you make that special connection with but I would say for me it's a good chunk...

I always do my goodbye visits the same, Norway in the morning and Germany in the afternoon... And today was no different... However today I was saying goodbye to four that I have been very close to throughout this past year... And needless to same I left with tears in my eyes and on my cheeks, despite almost making it out almost tear free...

Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky in Germany... One of the Cast Member's family members were actually there today and was able to meet them and tell the how much I enjoyed working with her and how much I loved having her as one of my trainers and that they should be very proud of her. Tears were flowing through most of my visit to Germany and almost all of my way back to my office...

Some of my friends say I am to emotionally involved and that there will be more coming and leaving but I don't have my own children, just my cats, and I believe that part of my job is to make these young men and women feel like they have someone they can rely on when they are so very far away from home... Someone they can think of as family...

One of my sweet cast members realized and thought it was so sweet that I am there to greet them on their first day at Epcot and that I take the time to come and see them on their last day...

Another one said that even though she only has a few months left, she feels like every time she sees my smiling face, she feels like she has just gotten there for her first day.

And then yet another one told me today as she was hugging me on her last day of her program today, I would be the reason she would want to come back for a second program...

I feel so blessed...

These are my babies...
musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter