Day 1... and counting

It looks like I am back after a bit of a hiatus... Many times over the last few months I have thought about writing but the thoughts just wouldn't come and now I feel as though the circumstances that are going on in my world right now have brought me back...

Last Wednesday, I was walking through the office at work when I felt and heard a pop come from my knee... At that point I fell into the wall, thankfully not onto the floor and that's when people came running to see what happened.

Looking back on this past week since my injury I am so happy I work with the group of people I work with... Everyone has jumped in to help me as I have waited to find out the results of the MRI I had on Thursday...

Well, my journey has taken a detour... I have torn cartilage in my right knee... The doctor said it was probably weakened over time and then she said, "well you were in for a knee injury in 2012." And I thought, was that when I fell outside cast services... or... honestly for the life of me, I couldn't remember going to health services in awhile and as I drove home I couldn't pin point when I had hurt my knee back then... Until I was texting my acupuncturist and it all came pouring out of my head... The last time I had to be put into a wheelchair and transported to Health Services by a fellow cast member, was when I decided steps were over rated and I would try falling instead... (of course this completely tongue and cheek) It was one of those accidents where it hurt bad, but I was stinking embarrassing because everyone and their best friend came pouring into the area where I was on the floor after falling...

But I digress... I have determined that one of the hardest thing in the world for me, is to rely on someone else for help... I don't want to admit I can't do it on my own... But alas, I am sentenced to desk work until my knee is healed and I am cleared to resume normal activity...

Proverbs 6:18 says Pride comes before the fall... however I feel like it has come after mine... ( I know, not the context but it drives a good point). I need to learn to stop being so prideful and learn to ask for help... Especially now... The thing is, you get hurt and the world keeps on turning... Things get crazy in your life and the world keeps turning... You are overwhelmed but the world keeps turning... You ask for help???

You catch what I am throwing... it's ok to ask for help... In the same token, it's even better to offer it before you have to be asked for it... Because for some, Pride comes before the fall...

I'm back,
Musicsongbird



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter