2013 a Year to remember...

So many things have happened over this past year, some good and some really good... Some things I wrote about and some I shouted from the roof tops...

Some of my favorites included Celebrating my Mom's 70th Birthday extravaganza... My bestie's baby sister's wedding... Getting my 2nd TA and then getting statused...

Some things I didn't talk about like I think maybe I should, like getting squished for the first time... Last month I decided that now that I am 40, I needed to take a step in honor of my cousin Jana and my Core Sister and get my first ever mammogram... Was I nervous? Yes... Had I heard it was painful? Yes... But I knew what I had to do to make sure my breasts were healthy...

For those of you that have no idea what an exam is like. You put on a dressing gown and other than that gown you are unclothed from the waist up... There is this huge machine you stand in front of and it has two panels. The technician places one of your breasts on the plate and adjusts it so that when she brings the other plate down she will be able to get a good picture of it... Now as you are waiting for these steps to happen you look at the bottom plate and notice that there are lines that are numbered on the plate. I think mine went to like 7... It weird, because I know I have a large chest, but when your boob is laying there on this plate, it truly puts into perspective just how big or small they truly are... Mine were not small... Mine were enormous... Like huge...

After a total number of 9 photos my flattened boobs were ready to be scrapped off of the glass and put back into their protective sling... In all honesty, it wasn't that bad... I can see however, that if i were smaller it would probably really hurt and not be annoying like it was...

Well, my eyes are quickly dropping and I must bid this year an adios... It has been a great year and I look forward to seeing what the new year hold...

Musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter