Every Bite, Every Morsel - Day 26 #JoinMyJourney

Sometimes the best thing you can do is step outside your comfort zone to find out something new about yourself... This weekend I did a little bit of that... Back long ago... That sounds so funny, but it is true... Back long ago when I worked back in the STL, I dressed for work... I dressed for going out... I made a point out of wearing makeup and putting my best face forward always... Silly youth... Or lazy age now... Or possibly I can't always afford paying for my clothes by the yard... but I digress...

Anyways, this weekend I had a bit of a fashionista reawakening you might say due to my nephew's pending nuptials and a semi dressy Yelp event this coming Monday... I remember back in the day when I worked for Lane Bryant and I loved trying on the new clothes when they came in, but that was a good 100 pounds less ago and over 15 years younger ago as well and now trying on clothes is more of a burden than a fashion runway show extravaganza...

During my shopping journey this weekend we traveled to 2 different Torrid's, JcPenney, Macy's and Lane Bryant. Let's just say the 1st and the last were the winning combination and the middle, well just sadness... Without giving too much away about J & M, if you are above a 24, or what they consider to be that size, than just walk on by... Oh and don't expect the clothes to be on trend in their "Womens" lines as they call them or to have attractive prints either unless you enjoy a good rinse and set on Friday morning each week...

From now on, I will stick with Torrid and Land Bryant... The ladies and on occassion, gentlemen that work there are wonderful... They really know how to help find your inner diva and help make an outfit work... Each store was able to help me find an outfit for both of the upcoming events and both outfits are versitle enough to be used afterwards and they are on trend and made me feel good about me, despite being heavier still...

I used to be a shoe person, all different styles and colors and heel hights and than I don't remember what happened and this weekend I found an amazing pair of heels! My 1st in too many years, and hopefully not my last!

I wish I knew all of the lasdies names that helped me, because sometimes all it takes is a little word of encouragement... I felt like I had some fairy godmothers this weekend watching out for me getting me dressed and ready to impress...

feeling beautiful again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter