2015...5.21

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift...

It's really funny... I used to sit in weight watchers meetings years ago dreaming of the time when I would reach my goal weight and when I would get the opportunity to share my knowledge and my encouragement with others on their weight-loss journey and become a WW leader... Well sadly I failed at Weight Watchers, OK maybe I didn't fail but I gave up on it... I think the point counting got to be to much for me and I got bored with it so like so many other "diet" programs over my life, I quit...

But I have never given up on that desire to help others on their journey... I guess that is why despite being severely overweight I am still so very passionate about the Healthy Pursuits program at work, because I feel like this finally something that is speaking to me and little by little it helping motivate me... But sadly i still have a few friends that are TOO over zealous and TOO pushy and trying to make me do more that I am personally prepared for and they don't listen to what I have to say and today I had to actually tell them to back off because let me make this clear Friends...

I know you want to help, but when you get PUSHY and DEMANDING about MY health, you make me want to retreat and hide... When I am READY for your help. I will ask... Until then, please let me do it in my time... What works for you may not work for me... In the end this is my battle and if I ask for recruits to help me fight this war be ready for a call, but until then please be patient with me, I am fragile, despite the fluffy exterior...

Now back to my journey toward leadership... So the funny thing about dreams is they can happen even before you reach certain goals... You see I am bigger than when I began WW and yet I have been appointed to help run a healthy living support group of sorts in our office to continue what we accomplished in our first Healthy Pursuits competition this year for work... It's a beginning and I am not always prefect but not even the WW leaders are either...

So stay tuned for updates on my journey and see where this road goes...

musicsongbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter