A Brand New Me...giving yourself TIME

Each day as my body changes, I am learning how my mind s changing as well... When you take yourself and your life for granted for so long because you feel like nothing you do makes your situation better, that when you finally take a leap of faith and things start getting better it puts a lot of things in perspective...

Time is a big one for me... I realize even more so now after the year I have been through, of how important time is... Whether it is spending time with family or friends, spending time doing things you love...Or spending time doing for others, time is so important... For years I wasted so much time focusing on the negative that life started passing me by... I literally blinked and I went from being in High School to fast forward 26 years later... So much of that time I was unhappy and hiding within an ever growing shell of a human... I didn't know how to stop the destructive behavior...

When I came to the realization that if I didn't do something drastic, I was probably not going to outlive my Mom or my Aunts and Uncles, I knew I had no other answer but to seek out the question inside of me... Do I want to die young? And of course the screaming response was NO!!!! And after all of the years of my doctors suggesting a possible solution, it took my coworkers husbands own similar journey, to lead me to where I am now...

Do I know whats down this next leg of the journey?  No, but I know I will do better about spending time with my family and friends... I will seek out Adventure and stop taking myself and what I am capable of doing for granted... I will utilize my God given talents to help others and to continue to share my journey and not be ashamed because through God's help, I AM an OVERCOMER!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 649...Year 2 #RememberingCory

Day 159 of 366

A new chapter